Monday, February 23, 2009

Black Temple - Super Bowl of not Standing in Things

After a moderately successfully session of wiping repeatedly on Malygos and some premade PVP on Saturday night we decided to set up a Black Temple run for the following evening. Sadly we didn’t have enough guildies on to make up a full raid and ended up PUGing about a third of the raid out of trade chat. The first seven bosses were fun with the fact that nearly half the raid paid no attention to what anyone said, refused to wait for people and need rolled on items we agreed to distribute at the end merely a mild annoyance. However once we hit the Illidan council things got worse! I really shouldn’t be surprised as the stupid things people say and do when they think they are anonymous but I am. The evening was saved for me by the following comment on Wowhead for the Illidan council

“Well My friends its time for all that experence to pay off because Illidari council is the SUPER BOWL OF NOT STANDING IN THINGS!”
Sadly we did not down Illidan as we were unable to get past the second (fire elemental) phase.

But it is all too easy to get caught up on things like how I will never raid or group with anyone from thanks their horrible attitude and miss the fact that we did get to see something that when I started in the Burning Crusade I never thought I would get to see. Perhaps when we are running around in tier 10 equivalent badge gear we will come back and hand it to Illidan. It will be a lot easier now I know what is coming.

Also thankyou very much to Samyell and Smeric. Sam for his very helpful information of what to expect from some of the boss fights and Smeric for handling the majority of the loot rolls. Oh and thanks to Strag for coming into Vent and keeping me sain.

No comments: