Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Championing – Some changes to reputation in WotLK

A decent amount of information about Wrath of the Litch King has come out of the Worldwide Invitational held last weekend. Thanks to Wow Insider I just found out some details on another measure to make life simpler in Northrend. Everyone has at some stage in playing World of Warcraft had to grind reputation with a specific faction. This may be for an item or recipe, at the moment I am trying to Squiggle reputation with Sporeggar so in 2.4.3 he can make 28 slot herb bags.

By using/wearing a specific item (probably a tabard) from your chosen faction you will gain some reputation from them when completing tasks for another faction. For example I could wear a tabard for the ‘red’ faction while clearing a dungeon associated to the ‘yellow’ faction and get some ‘red’ faction reputation along with the ‘yellow’ faction reputation you would normally get.

Hopefully this will make people more willing to participate in a wide variety of different areas and instances; shifting focus to drops as opposed to faction alignment. It is unlikely this will be implemented retrospectively so Azeroth and Burning Crusade reputation will have to be gained with the current method.

Sorry I couldn't think of a good picture to use in this article and I am on my lunch break at work so I can't screen shot one.

No comments: