Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nerf N-Strike Maverick - Apocalypse Paint Scheme

After my successful repaint of the Nerf Longshot I thought I would give it another go and perhaps implement some improvements in the process.



For this gun I sanded down the whole surface and removed the logos. Sanding did give a better surface for the paint to adhere to however removing the logos did mean that the result was a little bland. This could be remedied by painting a custom logo or leaving some of the branding in place. Additionally I weathered the result with a brush which gave much better control of the detail.


Close up of weathering details

The Nerf Maverick is one of the cheaper Nerf blasters available and is a lot of fun to play with. If you are looking to pick one up for your own arsenal you can find them here.

No comments: