Thursday, January 12, 2012

Repainted Nerf Longshot

Lots of kids love Nerf guns and there are plenty of adults too whom enjoy shooting targets whether living or imagined with little foam darts. I must count myself amongst the latter as an owner of a modest Nerf arsenal. Around a year ago I had an urge to try my hand at modding a Nerf blaster to improve the range and accuracy. However after over 12 months of looking at the disassembled Long Shot sitting on my shelf I decided to do something a bit different with it.

Finally after gifting a friend a new Vortex Vigilon Nerf gun, with some background gleaned from the internet and spray can in hand I proceeded to repaint my Nerf Longshot.



Nerf Recon Barrel with weathering effects

Stock showing dirt and metal weathering effects
The final product also incorporates the barrel component off a broken Nerf Recon which gives the rifle some length and a bit more detail.


If you are interested in painting your own Nerf Longshot you can buy them online in Australia here

2 comments:

Nerfenstein said...

Hi TIP,

just wanted to say what a fantastic paintjob this is. Really sweet weathering and the choice of colors.. fantastic.

:)

Ironarm said...

Wow thank you very much, that means a lot coming from a modder as talented as you.