Friday, March 16, 2012

Buzz Bee Tek 3 - Steampunk



So I have a couple of big projects planned for the next few months but I wanted a nice small one to try testing out some different techniques. This great little gun cost $7 from Toyworld so was a good option to test on. Being slightly obsessed with Steampunk I thought I would try a gun with some nice brass/copper accents to it.

The techniques I was looking at here was the use of an airbrush to apply my base coat. As well as the use of metallic dry brushing over a base coat.

The results were excellent, the airbrush applies a really even, amazingly matte finish with the only downside being the time it takes to paint (easily resolves with a larger capacity nozzle) and that multiple coats and a varnish are defiantly required. I am really thankful that the friend I mod with happens to own one!

At each main stage I took a picture of the parts and they are all shown below if you are interested in the step by step.


Original Toy

Disassembled Toy
After sanding and undercoat
After base coat of black and brown

No comments: