Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Patch Incoming

Did you notice the extended maintenance period tonight? Our server will be down from 8:00pm to 8:00am, Jubie’Thos server time, to implement the “Echoes of Doom” patch (3.0.2).

Included in the patch will be:

  • Access to the new profession Inscription
  • Two new arenas: The Ring of Valour and The Dalaran Sewers
  • Changes to the world including the Stormwind Harbour
  • Barbershops
  • Achievements System
  • New Talents, Spells and abilities
  • Changes to the buff system
  • The beginning of a world event…?

This patch is huge (1.17 gig to be precise), and contains some massive changes. If you haven’t looked at anything about this yet I strongly recommend you visit the Wowhead Talent Calculators, perhaps look over some of the coverage on Wow Insider or check out the official patch notes.

I was really looking forward to making it to the max Inscription level before work but unfortunately I will be lucky to even load into the new patch before work. Additionally downloading the patch four times (on my old computer, on my new computer, on Alassiel’s computer and for the PTR which I never even entered) has capped out my internet connect so I’m playing on what is essentially a dial up connection.

Image from: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/index.html

1 comment:

El Farol said...

This patch really shines - I can even take down 2 mages and a lock before I'm killed in bgs :P