Friday, October 10, 2008

Welcome to BlizzCon

“BlizzCon is a celebration of the Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo franchises and the communities that surround them. This two-day event will contain Q&A panels featuring Blizzard Entertainment developers, social events for players and developers to meet one another, and hands-on gameplay featuring your favorite Blizzard Entertainment games.”


This weekend BlizzCon will be held Anaheim California. In fact as I write this Blizzard fans are swarming around the area collecting entry badges, checking into hotels and stocking up on energy drink. I was shocked to discover last night that not everyone knows what BlizzCon is, well, it’s the place I wish I was right now. There will inevitably be major announcements, excellent displays and most of all, thousands of people who share my passion. All entrants will also receive goody bags with some excellent items in them. Sadly BlizzCon didn’t coincide with when I was in the US so it will have to wait until next year before I get to go.

However, I am lucky enough to be able to watch the live coverage on Main Event (Pay TV) thanks to Alassiel’s mother. There is no internet connection there but I will be writing posts to put up as soon as I get home. Expect to read about all the major announcements as you brew your coffee Monday morning.

No comments: