Thursday, October 16, 2008

Patch Woes and Wonders

Last night I should have finally got to dip my toes into the new patch and take Ironarm for a ride with shiny new talents. Sadly I didn’t, instead I spent all night looking at installer bars, downloads, scans and technical support forums. You see Blizzard decided that people with Vista needed to shift their installer directory to avoid patching problems, except that every time I tried to, I got an error. Apparently I wasn’t alone; there were a small number of other players with the same or similar problems. Out of 11 million players that’s not really all that bad, it’s just very frustrating it had to happen for such an exciting patch. Most normal people would have just uninstalled wow and started from scratch, great idea except my internet is capped until Saturday. It would take until Saturday to get all of the patches again. So after trying all the resolution steps I could find I raised a ticket. They will probably tell me to reinstall it but it’s worth a shot.

So the long and the short of it is I missed the best bit of the patch. I missed the jump on the early Inscription benefits, the guild chat as people acquired achievements and the discussion of awesome new abilities. Alassiel said she would come home tonight and let me play on her laptop, so I should get to see it tonight, but I will feel guilty for every minute of her play time I steal.

On a brighter note Alassiel completed the achievement Leading the Cavalry and I would be confident in saying she is the first person in the guild to get an Albino Drake (see picture above) congratulations!

3 comments:

El Farol said...

No way! Ala with the drake - she was so quiet about it - MAKE SOME NOISE - congrats.

As for the patch - I think you'll still have tons of fun - inscription lol? Vellum is on the AH for 38g a sheet - pure steal if you ask me...not.

The market has still a long way to adjust and I doubt many sales were made by inscribers with the majority holding off till scribes begin falling off the roofs of Stormwind.

Hold on...but...WAIT! I was trying to cheer you up. Also you'll find that most of your addons are completely shot - a couple of days needed for the goblins of undermine to work on them.

So all in all - there is much fun till to be had running after achievements and I'm saving "Leeeeeroy" to do it with you guys :P

Cya on the 3D wire

Ironarm said...

Good to know there is plenty of market for Inscriptions. I have confirmed with Alassiel that I can use her laptop for a bit of time when she gets home and then after she goes to bed. Priority 1 is respec Ironarm and have a shot with the new abilities. This will be followed closely with Squiggle going from lvl 1-350 inscription.

Need an inscription? Comment on this post and while my herbs last you can have a free major and minor Glyph (assuming I can make it).

Also prepared to cut you a MUCH better deal on Vellum!

El Farol said...

Grats on getting that darn computer to work!

And thank you for the glyph goodness.

YOU THE MAN!