Monday, June 2, 2008

The Art of Wow Pt1

There is a lot of amazing artwork based on the World of Warcraft. This ranges from comics, to drawings and paintings and digital work. I am aiming to showcase a couple of artworks each month. This month I have chosen two one by Monica Langloi and the other by Aislinana. Click the images to view a larger version.

Go Fish by Monica Langlois (Shibouki)



This has been on of my favorites for a long time, when I first found it on the Blizzard fan art website I printed it out nice and big an stuck it up in my Dilbert style cubicle. It's a great artwork technically with a cute "story" behind it.

Sadly I wasn't able to find too many details on the artist.


Fellina - Hope Springs Eternal by Aislinana



Created using a screen shot edited in Photoshop this artwork has a great mood to it. In a recent interview with Wow Insider the artists mentions they are a bit of a role player and the theme behind this image clearly demonstrates this.

Aislinana is not a professional artists but has many years of experience with photo editing software. They are in a Black Temple raiding guild also spending time in the arenas and leveling alts.

No comments: