Thursday, May 8, 2008

That First Down

After weeks of struggle its a great feeling to finally get that boss down. I think the first time was Blackheart the Inciter in Shadow Labs. We had been repeatedly attempting him for over a week with little success, it was one of those time where we were sure we were doing the right thing, we had read all the guides, but for some reason just couldn't do it. Well when we finally got him down there was much rejoicing, though not so much as the first time we got Curator. An occasion early on in our attempts of Karazhan where I actually had to take off my headphones due to the loud cheering coming through Skype.

I know for myself that these moments of success are one of the reasons I really enjoy this game. Downing that boss, or an excellent Heroic run can really turn my day from bad to good. Sure I have successes at work and in life generally but the wins in World of Warcraft can really take the cake. Perhaps it is because you are immersed in a world where you are hero and you can really make a difference. Or maybe it is that you are working with a group of other people and through your teamwork you have succeeded. I guess it helps as a tank knowing that those nine (four or twenty four) other people, really couldn't have done it without you.

All this comes from someone with a regular nine to five job and a life filled with friends, outings and fun times. What about those who are sick and unable to leave their house or have a job with no fulfilling moments. Then these precious moments would become even more important.

No comments: