Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Why did I choose that class

When I first chose a warrior I didn't know what tanking was, I had no idea about PvP or for that matter very much at all about warriors. But I choose a warrior for a couple of reasons, firstly I didn't want to be the same class as my friends who has just stared (Rogue, Warlock and Paladin) not that I had a clue about group composition I just wanted to be different. Also in previous RPG games I had played Ranger type characters but they always seemed so fragile. I had watched my friend with the warlock play and it seemed like a cop out standing back there like a wimp while a demon did all the hard bits. So I figured why not play the character that wears the thickest armor and beats the crap out of things. Now if you are ever going to be a warrior you have to be a Dwarf, I mean dwarfs are tough, they are like chunks of rock with arms and pointy weapons. The funny thing is I tend to play in PvP like that, run at stuff flailing and hope i hit things.

Squiggle was my second character, I rolled him to I could level with Alassiel. My intention was to create a character for PvP as I didn't want to respec Ironarm all the time in order to PvP. At this point most people wonder why I choose a Priest for PvP as opposed to a Paladin, Druid, Warlock or rogue. I mean generally if you want to heal a Paladin or druid would be considered better and a warlock or rogue is generally easier if you just want to do damage. Well to be honest it was a bit or the "I don't want to be like everyone else" syndrome (ironic considering 10 million play this game and at least a good few hundred thousand would play shadow priests). In addition I wanted to roll a Draenei and that limited my choices some what. Thus Squiggle was born, now all I have to do is learn how to melt faces like a pro.

No comments: